I love Thanksgiving. I like to think about all the blessings I have. So things I am thankful for (in no particular order) : the ability to read, hugs from the students at the elementary school, friends, the scriptures, an amazing husband, Morgan's desire to help others smile, Patrick's sense of humor, Samantha's love for adventure, Jordan's ability to draw, Stuart's inventiveness, Raeleigh's wanting me around, a house to live in, my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, my family of orgin, both my in-law families, memories of Searls, photographs, need for volunteers, serving in the church, and many more.
Thanksgiving day Craig's family came over. Craig did most of the cooking. The kids all helped with the dishes and watched the parade. Patrick played ball at the church. It was a nice day.
I must also admit that this was a difficult day for me. My Mom started of tradition of "Pie Day" years and years ago. This happens the day before Thanksgiving, all the daughters and kids go to Mom's and bake pies all day. There are usually 20+ pies made. Of course the kids all make their own mini pies. Living out of state means I haven't been to Pie Day in 10 years. I missed my sisters and mom all day on Wednesday - and wondered throughout the day what kinds of pies they were making. By Thanksgiving I was an emotional wreck. I was so homesick for my family. I took two naps that day and lots of deep breaths. I think/hope I put on a happy face while my in-laws were here. Then at bed time Craig held me and let me cry. I am greatful that he will listen to me share memories of my family that is so far away. Thanks Craig for helping me to make it through a hard day.

No comments:
Post a Comment